We live in a city with a mix of historic, urban, and suburban homes with some greenspaces that need protection. Unfortunately, our city seems more focused on getting and spending grant money then on the preservation of our environment.
If elected I’ll:
- Update our tree canopy program to provide direct assistance to residents who buy and plant trees.
- Make sure our greenspaces aren’t bulldozed in misguided attempts at restoration.
- Ensure we meet our commitments to reducing pollution in our stormwater flowing into the Potomac.
- Encourage the adoption of renewable energy for our homes
- Encourage the use of renewable energy vehicles by the city and residents
- Encourage the use of alternative modes of transportation
Our city is facing multiple problems due at least in part to climate change. We should be working together to reduce our carbon footprint to help address this emergency.